FileZilla


One more great open source utility for all of us.
FileZilla is a fast and reliable FTP client and server with lots of useful features and an intuitive interface.
FileZilla Server is a very reliable FTP server. And had many opportunities to use it and I found it in no way lacking either.
FileZilla will be one of the best open source application I have used and have had till now. Also was able to compare the client with some more and definitely found that it is much simpler and easier to use than many.
As for the server I had tried the Xitami FTP (cum Web Server!) before and FileZilla is a dedicated FTP server so I guess is far ahead of the latter. This too seems to have been made with a lot of thought in it. I was able to install, run, and get it going in minutes, moreover there was never any archaic detail I had to know or understand in this application to use it! (Mind you setting up a server, here FTP could be challenging!)
A screenshot of the client in action is here...

Comments

Popular Posts